But first gave their own selves to the Lord — 2 Cor 8:5
Jesus gave his life to us. He shed his precious blood as a ransom in weariness and woe. Jesus left God’s home of light;God’s rainbow-circled throne. Jesus suffered so much bitterness agony for us more than words can say only to save us from hell. Now Jesus has brought to us full salvation,pardon and love free of charge.
What a love Jesus has for us !
Burnout is characterized by chronic exhaustion and strong feelings of frustration and powerlessness.It can lead to numerous emotional and physical health problems.
Some Causes Of Burnout
1) Work Overload -: When employers demand that employees should work for longer hours and at times for less money.
2) Technology -: New technologies now keeps workers in constant contact with their jobs thereby blurring the lines between work and private life.
3) Lack of control over your work.
4) Job insecurity.
5) In the pursuit of career goals and greater income.This is a self-inflited burnout.
How To Deal With Burnout
1) Evaluate your priorities -: By clarifying your priorities, you must be prepare to make difficult decisions and accept trade-offs.
Yes, it is true we need the income but if we put it over family relationships and good health in our list of priorities, we are likely to suffer burnout. (Please read Luke 12:15)
2)Simplify your life -: Happiness does not link to income level and possessions as it is believed today but a simpler lifestyle can bring greater freedom and satisfaction.
Reduce stress and make time for what you truly value by considering working fewer hours.Not too worry, it may not be as hard as you might think.
Read 1 Timothy 6:8
3) Learn when to say NO to work -: Discuss unrealistic workload or some other persistent problems in your workplace with your employer.Without fear or favour,reassure your employer of what you can do and what you can’t do.Reach a mutually agreeable work arrangement with your employer.
Remember that your prospects for finding a different job are better while you are still employed.
Please read Matthew 4:3
4) Renew yourself -: Make time for sufficient rest and balanced recreation.Cultivate interest like reading,writing,sports etc and friendships. Avoid defining yourself by the type and amount of work that you do.
Read Ecclesiastes 4:3
Life is not all about making so much money.Adjust your focus to more important things and your relationship will improve tremendously and you will be much happier.
Have a free burnout week. God bless y’all !
I wander’d lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
a host of golden daffodils,
Beside the lake, beneath the tress,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretch’d in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced, but they
out-did the sparkling waves in glee: –
A poet could not but be gay
In such a jocund company!
I gazed and gazed but little thought
what wealth the show to me had brought;
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils
– William Wordsworth.
I love this poet.
Have a wonderful Spring y’all 🙂
Where would we be without tomorrows? what I’d have instead would be todays. And if that is the case, with you, I’d hope for the longest day for today. I’d fill today with you, doing everything I’ve ever loved. I’d laugh,I’d talk, I’d listen and learn, I’d love, I’d love, I’d love. I’d make everyday today and spend them all with you, and I’d never worry about tomorrow, when I wouldn’t be with you. And when that dreaded tomorrow comes for us, please know that I didn’t want to leave you,or be left behind, that every single moment spent with you where the best in my life.