It cost nothing to put a smile on someone’s face.
When Jesus was preparing for his ministry as well as his battle with satan, he went to the desert;somewhere away from the church,people,family and friends.According to the book of Matthew;God’s spirit led Jesus into the desert to be tempted by the devil.He prepared for a spiritual battle by separating himself from all earthly dependency like food and water.He fasted for forty days and constantly praying to God. While fasting in the desert,satan tested him with things of the world and Jesus overcame and resisted devil with the words of the scripture and thereafter angels came to ministered to Jesus.
There is a place on each of our spiritual journeys where the spirit also desires to lead us into the desert.We hear him calling to us in the restlessness and weariness of our own heart.We do not hear the first time the spirit speaks to us because we are too busy chasing earthly things or sometimes we assume we are just not doing enough to be spiritual. sometimes like Samuel we should trust totally in God and lay down our “doings” and simply make our needs known to Christ and by so doing we will know and realise when God is speaking to us in our hearts and follow him into the desert.
Merry Christmas to all and a prosperous new year with abundant of blessings.:)
C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S !!! 🙂
- You are deeply and completely loved. ( Rom 8: 38 – 39)
- You are totally and completely forgiven. (1 John 2: 2 – 12)
- when God sees you, He sees the righteousness of Jesus. (2 cor. 5 – 12)
- You mean the whole world to Him. (John 3:16)
- He thinks you are beautiful.Right now (Song of solomon 4: 1)
- He is committed to your restoration (Roman 8:29)
- You are now,nor have you ever been alone.(Hebrew 13:5)
So you can be rest assured that the battle is of the lord’s.Have a beautiful day 🙂
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.